Want to become a Volunteer Firefighter?
- 18 years of age or older
- Available for mandatory training
- Good work ethic
- Dedication to the community
- Ability to pass a background investigation
- Good moral character
The Shumway Fire Protection District typically handles between 120 to 130 calls for service each year. Firefighters train at least twice a month, and log over 6,000 service hours annually.
New firefighter Recruits must go through over 200 hours of initial training before being able to operate with the department.
Mandatory training includes:
- Office of the State Fire Marshal Firefighter II (260 hours)
- Vehicle Machinery Operations (40 hours)
- Haz-Mat Awareness (8 hours)
- CPR/ AED/ First Aid/ Blood Borne Pathogens (10 hours)
- Fire Service Vehicle Operator (8 hours)
- NIMS (8 hours)
Now Accepting Applications
The SFPD is currently accepting applications to become a paid volunteer firefighter. Applications can be downloaded, completed, and mailed to Fire Station #2.
Please follow the instruction on the application for consideration.